2018 Kayak Tournament
What a day! Thanks for all of the anglers that stuck it out and fished in the first annual Frank and Fran's Kayak Fishing Tournament! We had a total of seven fish entered in the categories of red drum, blue fish and flounder. The winners in each category were as follows:
1. Biggest Blue Fish - Bill Smith - 19 1/4" ($150 Frank and Fran's gift card, Diawa Inspira Reel and various kayak gear and tackle.
2. Biggest Flounder - Jason Hanson - 14" (not big enough to keep but big enough for the win in this category. ($150 Frank and Fran's gift card, Daiwa BG3500 Reel and various kayak gear and tackle.
3. Biggest Red Drum - Jonathan Polk ($150 Frank and Fran's gift card, Akios 656 reel and various kayak gear and tackle)
4. Most Fish - Jonathan Polk and Jason Hanson tied and the winner was determined by who had the largest fish so the winner was Jason Polk. (Vibe Cooler)
5. Random Drawing - Jason Hanson - winner of Ninja Tackle, shirt, sticker and koozie.
A huge thank you to our sponsors, ONE MORE CAST, Big Rock Sports, Ninja Tackle, Vibe Kayaks, Tidewater Emblems LTD, Flying Fish Screen Printing, Okuma Fishing USA, Cape Hatteras Anglers Club, ESLures.
Thank you to the Avon Fire Department allowing us to use their facility for our cookout/awards ceremony at the last minute when mother nature did not cooperate. You guys really saved the day! Thank you for serving and protecting our community!
We have the best anglers ever as several even stayed and helped clean up after the dinner. You guys rock!
We are already looking forward to making 2019's tournament even bigger and better. Thanks for your feedback and we hope you will join us next year and invite your friends.